Are you new to the world of impact wrenches? This article is a complete guide to new users with valuable information on what is, how to choose and how to use the best cordless impact wrench.
Impact wrenches are a valuable addition to any toolkit. With this particular tool, you can easily loosen and get off tight nuts and bolts. For this reason, you should strive to get the best impact wrench for you without getting confused with the large variety of similar tools in the market.
Features and uses of cordless impact wrench
Fastening and unfastening lug nuts are not an easy task. It becomes even more troublesome when you are working on rusty and stubborn nuts that won’t just come off. In the same case, using an inferior quality and less powerful tool to perform this task only adds to the frustration. To avoid this, consider getting the best impact wrench for lug nuts that will enable you to remove stubborn nuts quickly and easily.
If you are tired of your traditional automotive drill, then a battery charged impact wrench will come in handy in your automotive operations. An impact wrench will provide you with lots of power and torque not to mention the ease and comfort when using it to fasten bolts and screws. The DeWalt 889M2 20 volt high torque is an example of the best cordless impact wrench for automotive.
Additionally, impact wrenches come in handy as a home tool. With a cordless impact wrench, you can easily fasten and unfasten nuts and bolts when there is a need. For a home use impact wrench, you do not need to look for those high-end models with hefty price tags. A simple but functional wrench will work best. For example the DeWalt DC813S2, it is a great tool for home maintenance.
What to look for when buying a cordless impact wrench?
Choosing and buying impact drills is not a simple task especially with the large variety of brands and models available in the market today. However, with a few factors and tips in mind, you should be to be choose and buy the best cordless impact tool for you.
- What do you need the tool for? Needs when it comes to an impact wrench is determined by the type of work the impact wrench is needed for. Before you buy a tool, identify the type of work you will be using the impact wrench for. Determining the type of work will also assist in determining the size and power of the wrench.
- How much power do you need? Given that impact wrenches are judged by the amount of torque delivered, it is important that you have a power range in mind. It is important to note; the higher the torque a wrench produces, the better it will perform. If you need a wrench for industrial and professional uses, invest in a high torque tool, but for home use, a medium torque impact wrenches work.
- The type of operations should determine Size: Many people tend to believe that cordless impact wrenches are a bit bigger and heavier when compared to traditional impact drivers because of the batteries. Contrary to this belief, cordless impact wrenches are designed with small and lightweight batteries that have very minimal effect on the size and weight of the tool.
- Budget: in every purchase we make, the price is always a factor put into consideration. In this case, I would be honest, the more you are willing and ready to spend on an impact wrench the more features and more power you will get. However, in some instances, a product may be priced highly but offer little performance so you should be careful when buying an impact wrench based on the price tag.
- Warranty: a product especially a power tool with a warranty is the best choice. Manufacturers have different warranty offers with different lengths. Some offer a lifetime warranty; some 3 years others even 6months warranty. Before you choose an impact wrench, ensure you read and understand the warranty terms offered for the product.
- Battery for cordless impact wrenches: the battery is a vital element that should be put into serious consideration. Ensure that the tool you choose offers maximum battery life and that it charges faster too. Remember that some cordless impact wrenches come as bare tools only, therefore, you will be required to purchase a battery and charger separately. Battery voltage should also be considered. There are impact wrenches with up to 24-volt battery voltage while some with 18 to 20 volts.
- Features: the best impact wrench is supposed to have some salient features like a comfortable grip, LED lights, compatibles hog rings, durable casing, extended life batteries, portability, noise levels and speed controls. All these features are important in an impact wrenches especially if you intend to use it more often. It should provide you with a comfortable grip, total control over your operations and maximum performance.
- For more confidence, consider reading through products review by real time users to find out the shortcomings and strengths of your choice of impact wrench.
Let’s take a look at all the amazing best cordless impact wrenh 2016
1. DEWALT DCF899HB 20V MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2" Impact Wrench
Best known for producing some of the most powerful and high-quality power tools, DeWalt surprises us with the DC899HB which is not an exception to the amazing quality and power. The DC899HB model is a 700ftlbs. Torque compact cordless impact wrench that features wholesome features perfect for both professional and amateurs. Distributed With an offer of a 3-year limited warranty, this tool is a bomb. Not to forget that it is resistant to chemicals, grease, and even cleaners.
The DC899HB possess some of the best impact wrench features like the bright LEDS which allows users to light up dimly lit or shadowy areas of operations. Other than that, this power tool uses a hog ring anvil which is plus to users who need to perform multiple operations as it provides for an easy and quick change of sockets.
This DeWalt model is designed with a brushless motor that is responsible for its powerful and superior performance as a cordless impact wrench. This specific impact wrench is compactly designed giving it the ability to handle a 6ft drop.
For all these features, the tool comes at a very affordable price compared to other impact wrenches in its class.
- Has a high quality and durable design.
- Comes with a carrying case which improves portability
- It is compact with regards torque
- Only sold as a bare tool you will have to buy a separate battery and charger
2. DEWALT DCF899P1 20V MAX XR Brushless High Torque 1/2" Impact Wrench Kit
This is yet another power tool from DeWalt that offers users with tremendous operating power. The F899P1 is a very powerful cordless impact wrench; it is one of the most powerful in its range of DeWalt impact wrenches. This wrench equipped with a brushless motor for superior runtime, performance, and durability, this wrench is most suitable for heavy duty automobile operations. It is the perfect tool for removing stubborn and rusted lug nuts. It is one tool that offers great value for money.
As for the features, this large impact wrench model comes with fully packed features for maximum usability. The bright LED light is just one among the great features this particular wrench offers. The LEDs set with a 20-second delay enables users to work in poorly lit areas efficiently.
Other features include a 3-speed selector that is easy to control and allows operators to control their speed preference when working. With the battery fuel gauge included in this package, users can easily monitor the charge levels when working. It also features a lightweight and ergonomic design that does not affect its powerful performance. The box contains the impact wrench, a DCB205 5.0Ah Battery, and a battery charger.
- Easily removes stubborn nuts.
- Convenient for heavy duty tasks.
- Although the bare tool is lightweight, the weight increases when the battery is inserted making it quite heavy for continuous operations.
- The detent anvil makes socket changing time-consuming.
3.Ingersoll Rand W7150-K2 1/2-Inch High-Torque Impactool, Charger, 2 Li-ion Batteries and Case Kit
The Ingersoll Rand W7150-K2 is an excellent mechanical tool whose performance is backed by countless positive reviews and ratings from real time users. It is a high-end tool that is specifically used and preferred by professionals and high-end service operators. This does not, however, limit it from performing well as a home tool. Nevertheless, it still stands as a high end, high power cordless impact wrench.
From the description above, you can easily tell that the Ingersoll W7150-K2 wrench is a powerhouse in its own. Its patent- soft grip and ergonomic handle are specially designed to allow the user operate the machine without getting fatigued, tired or experience vibrations. The beautiful aluminum hammer and casing is meant to provide for a greater operating efficiency for users while protecting the tool’s internal components and accessories from chemicals, automotive fluids, and dirt.
The Ingersoll ½ inch wrench boasts of a 780 ft. Lbs. Maximum reverse torque and 1100 ft. lbs. of breakaway torque. It also contains a neodymium motor (high, rare earth motor) which generates high power and extends the service life of the tool. What’s more is that this high torque high impact wrench comes with an adjustable speed switch giving you maximum control over your operations.
The kit for Ingersoll Rand W7150-K2 cordless impact wrench kit contains; the impact wrench, IQV20 charger, 2 20V Li-ion batteries and a blow molded case.
- High torque.
- Ergonomic handle design.
- Long lasting battery life.
- Quite pricey.
- Limited usability.
4. DEWALT DCF813S2 12-Volt Max 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench Kit
We already know that DeWalt is a household name in the tool industry. From the 2 DeWalt tools we have reviewed above, it is evident that DeWalt produces competitive power tools in the market. This time round we look at their smaller and lightweight cordless impact wrench model; the DeWalt DCF813S2.
This wrench is physically small and light. It is the perfect make for performing overhead operations including electrical, woodwork and mechanical tasks.
The DeWalt DCF81352 ¼ inch impact wrench compactly designed to fit into tight small areas delivering 1,150 pounds of torque. Additionally, this tool features 3 LEDs lights to help light up shadowy or poorly lit areas giving a clear and better visibility when working.
The wrench also features a hog ring anvil for changing sockets making the process easy and quick for users with multiple operations. Besides, the wrench also offers users with a 3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service, and a user’s satisfaction guarantee.
Kit components: DeWalt DCF81352 wrench, 2 Li-ion battery packs, a carrying bag and a charger.
- Easy to lift and handle
- Easy and quick to change sockets
- Quick charging and long lasting batteries
- Only suited for domestic home users
- The hog ring need compatible sockets to per function properly and safely
5. DEWALT DCF883M2 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench Kit
The DeWalt DCF883M2 is one of the few tools among DeWalt high-end impact wrench with the ability to drive and fasten nuts and bolts in wood, metal, and concrete. The cordless 20v impact wrench is one of the best high-end power tools that’s is compatible for use with impact sockets. This wrench is an excellent tool choice for both amateurs and professional operators. What is even better is that despite being put on the higher class it is still affordable unlike other brands like the Ingersoll Rand W715-K2 that is overly priced.
DCF883M2 20v wrench is powered by XR Li-Ion battery that is accompanied by a fuel gauge that indicates the level of battery charge, therefore, giving users control over operations. Apart from that, this high impact wrench also features 3 brightness LED lights offering users with uninterrupted visibility even when operating in dark areas.
The cushion grip comfort provides for a comfortable operation with reduced fatigue and fatigue.
Additionally, the tool comes with a high capacity, long life lithium battery that charges super-fast. It also features a hog ring anvil for changing sockets easily and quickly.
- Has battery charge gauge allowing users to monitor charge levels
- Weighs 3.4 pounds making it highly portable
- Compact and lightweight thus easy to use and carry around
- User friendly
- Anti-slip comfort grip makes it comfortable to use and durable
- Torque is only passable.
Frequent Asked Questions
What is the difference between a corded and cordless impact wrench?
A corded impact wrench features a power cord for connecting to a source of energy while a cordless impact wrench features no cord. Instead, it utilizes power from a chargeable battery.
What are some of the best brands for cordless impact wrench?
There is an overwhelming variety of cordless impact wrench brands in the tool market today. However, the most trusted and familiar brands include, DeWalt, Ingersoll, Milwaukee, and Bosch.
Which is the best cordless impact driver?
The best cordless impact wrench varies with individual needs. However, to get the best impact wrench for you, identify what you want to use the wrench for? How often you intend to use? How much power do you need? What is your budget? You can refer to our cordless impact review for ideas on some of the best cordless impact wrench in 2017.
What makes a cordless impact wrench better than a driver?
An impact wrench delivers more torque than a driver. Also, an impact wrench is versatile and can be used to remove lug nuts and bolts in a variety of applications. Drivers, on the other hand, are specific to loosening and fastening screwdrivers. Unlike the drivers, impact wrenches require very minimal exertions by the user.
What is an impact wrench used for?
An impact wrench is a power tool that is designed to deliver high torque with minimal exertion by the user. An impact is designed mostly to help loosen lug nuts and bolts in wood, tires, and electrical.
From the roundup, the Ingersoll Rand W7150 –K2 clearly stands out as the most powerful cordless impact wrench. So if you are a fan of Ingersoll’s brand, then the W7150-K2 can work for you very well especially in heavy operations.
Otherwise, DeWalt takes the day for me with its variety of impact range models. It has produced some of the best cordless impact wrenches in 2016 with the DeWalt DC899PI being the best among all of them. Why? The DC899PI model doesn’t come as a bare tool like the DC899HB; your purchase includes a ready battery with the tool. Talk of value for money, this DeWalt DC899PI comes with a carrying case making it easy to carry and move around. Additionally, its fully packed features like the LEDS lights, brushless motor, compact size and design gives you with an unforgettable user experience.
In short, if you are looking for the best portable cordless impact wrench, DeWalt DC899PI will be a valuable addition to any tool kit.
Incoming search terms:
- BEST CORDLESS IMPACT WRENCH
- cordless impact
- 2017 best 3/8 inch cordless impact wrench
- best battery impact wrench 2017
- best cordless 1/2 impact wrenches 2017
- best cordless impact wrench 2017
- best impact wrench 2017
- best wireless impact gun 2017