The Best Impact Wrench Reviews Recommended:
Modern day tools have practically revolutionized the way professionals work. Talking of impact
Summary of best impact drivers
Detail review about 5 best impact driver available in the market
1. Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit
Among its contemporaries, this is by far the most compact one. Suited to the likes of both contractors and homeowners, the PS41-2A stands
The driver packs a punch, thanks to the high torque level at 930 inches/lb. as a result, no less than 80% of impact driving applications are accomplished using it. To see to the control bit, it offers a splendid speed trigger that varies accordingly.
User friendliness is another top quality of this machine making it one of the best impact drivers. The easy to read fuel gauge ensures complete management of the batteries while the three LED light ring maintains illumination in low light zones. To ensure users’ comfort, the soft handle offers greater control with bumpers at the side to reduce chances of slipping.
This product from Bosch comes with a manufacturer’s
2. DEWALT DCF815S2 12-Volt Max 1/4-Inch Impact Driver Kit
Another compact and lightweight impact driver comes from the house of DEWALT. This too fits in tight places, rarely expected of traditional impact drivers (length being 6-1/4 inches). Fastening applications
A little more than 2 pounds (2.3 lbs exactly), the cordless driver is great to be handled, thanks to the marvelous ergonomics it is known for. This ¼ inch chuck can take in bits up to 1 inch and loaded using just one hand. To ensure greater user friendliness, the built-in belt clip and reverse options as
A total of two 12v max lithium ion battery packs is provided (each being 1.1 Ah). Users will take barely 30 minutes to an hour for recharging the batteries.
In the box, buyers can find the driver battery packs, bag, charger and belt clip. Additionally, the tool is backed by a
3. PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB 20-volt 1/4-Inch Hex Lithium Ion Impact Driver Kit
Porter-Cable’s latest kit is actually based on the lithium-ion battery platform, which allows this compact tool to offer long lasting power. As a result, the jobs are completed quickly and without hassles. In fact, there are few more accessories that power through the toughest of fastening applications. For example, the ‘high torque motor’ (1450 inch pounds) and ‘variable speed transmission’ (0-2900 RPM/0-3000 BPM)
The small package that the tool comes in (6.2 inches in length and 3.2 pounds weight) is no obstacle for fitting in tight spaces in a powerful way. To ensure users’ benefits, the ergonomic design,
There is a built-in LED to provide greater visibility at the time of working. In addition to that, rubber bumpers on both sides protect the tool from wear and tear. The ¼ inch hex chuck and two-bit storage characteristics help in storing the bits and also facilitating changes.
This particular kit from the house of this long standing company comes with two lithium ion batteries, charger and one head screw driving bit.
4. DEWALT DCF885C2 20-Volt MAX
Lithium Ion 1/4-Inch 1.5 Ah Impact Driver Kit
This kit comes with patented technology and some novel features that most contractors, HVAC
Against the existing 18v lithium ion battery technology, the tool’s 20v batteries are what accounts for 35% extra runtime. Besides, the charger comes with dual voltage power, suitable for use with both 12v max and 20v batteries.
Weighing just 2.2 pounds and measuring 5.5 inches, the driver is really compact. The one handed loading ¼ inch hex chuck holds 1 inch bit tips so that they are fastened easily. While pursuing long jobs, the all metal belt hook can be fixed to both the sides of the tool while the slim handle is great to hold. Not to miss out the built-in LED work light that comes with a 20-second delay facility, for improved visibility in low light areas.
5. DEWALT DCF895D2 20V Max XR Lithium Ion Brushless 3-Speed 1/4-Inch Impact Driver
This is one of the first cordless brushless motor technology from DEWALT. Such is the engineering of this tool that maximum run time can be attained without much difficulty. Compared to the brushed impact drivers in compact and durable cordless tools, this one works better and offer no less than 57% extra run time. The push button chucks offer users the option of ‘one handed operation’ that facilitates accessory changes. In addition to that, there are new units offering 3 speeds for better control, known to be of immense help to professionals.
From the front to its back, the unit measures 5.25 inches while the weight is low at 3.6 lbs, all of which are
Users can purchase the kit that comes loaded with a belt hook, accessory storage, fast charger, batteries and the impact driver.
Reasons that propel the use of impact drivers
Aside professional woodworkers, daily household chores and projects frequently require the use of impact drivers too. Besides, if you have a task, in bulk that too, the results obtained from the best cordless impact driver is simply unmatched.
Take a look at the following undertakings that you can accomplish using a cordless impact driver.
- Compared to a normal drill, impact drivers apply greater torque (about 1400 inches/lb vs. 450 inches/lb for any 18v cordless unit).
- The next time you wish to build a deck, cordless impact driver can help set the screws on time, without stripping off the heads of the fastener.
- Tasks that require the use of socket wrenches are best done using cordless tools.
- With an 18 volt model, replacing old tires won’t be much of a heck. After all, lugging those nuts can be done quick using the impact driver.
- Trimming is a delicate job, so using the cordless driver will prove useful when minimal pressure needs to be applied (like attaching electrical switch plates, assembling cabinets).
- Smaller, compact batteries like 12v, 14.4v or 18v (considered ideal) in impact derivers can help with plenty of carpentry jobs.
- Almost any task that employs normal cordless drills can be performed extraordinarily suing impact drivers.
Tips to buy the best cordless impact driver
Weighing the pros and cons in advance will only help you as a potential buyer to be wary of certain considerations. Here are some tips to keep in mind when shopping for the best cordless impact driver:
- Impact drivers can be used with hex shaft bits or drive chucks.
- To avoid palm blisters, the handle of an impact driver must be comfortable to hold.
- Check to see that your chosen tool has a great advantage over standards drills and drivers, in terms of enormous torque.
- Unlike standard drills, a good impact driver will always help you with easy one-handed driving, meaning you don’t have to exert much.
- Call it
drawbackbut impact drivers are really loud, to the extent that heavy metal drummers can have a difficult time operating with it. Make it a point to wear good ear protection while using.
- Most impact drivers contain forward/reverse switch that allow reversal of the driver’s rotation. In case your purchased one lacks this, chances are it might not be an impact driver.
- The rotational forces of the tool being high, a good measure of checking for quality is that component housing must be strong and stable.
- Though both 12v and 18v models are compact, testers suggest trying the latter for a good amount of torque is released using it.
- Few cordless drivers come with a built-in LED lamp, which actually serves great for drilling holes or when screw driving, especially where natural light is limited.
- Unlike impact wrenches, the torque isn’t that much. Cordless impact drivers are however great when using for small engines.
- Just because the machine works like a hammer drill, it is not a substitute for the latter. When buying, ensure it’s an impact driver only. The exterior might look similar but the difference is apparent when they operate under tight loads.
- Invest in a combo kit. By spending few extra bucks, you not only get the best impact driver but several other accessories that you might require at some time or the other.
Maintaining An Impact Driver
It’s not a daunting task to maintain drivers, provided you check for the factors as listed below that can extend your driver’s life.
Lubrication: Before starting with your driver, set aside some lubricant so as to reduce chances of malfunction.
Air filtration: The air supplied through pipes and hoses if found to be contaminated, can gunk few rotating parts of the driver.
Specific cleaners: Oil and cleaners recommended by the manufacturer must only be used for cleaning, as they are usually non-corrosive to few components.
Proper setup: Compressors can go wrong anytime, so configuring things properly
Leaks and check-ups: Keep your tools clean under all circumstances. Dirt spells risk and replacement, expenses.
Where is the difference between impact driver and cordless drill?
Drills have only one way of operating- rotational action. On the other hand, impact drivers offer higher rotations with much torque and many impacts. The latter produces excessive noise.
Where is the difference between impact driver and impact wrench?
Impact drivers have somewhat lesser torque than the wrenches. For larger diameter nuts and bolts, wrenches work well, but for fastening jobs with screws, drivers are the way to go.
When should an impact driver be used?
Though a number of operations can be accomplished using cordless drivers, but whenever screws need to be fastened, the driver proves more beneficial. Aside that, nuts that require turning can also be done using it.
Will impact driver drill holes?
Given the high RPMs, cordless impact drivers can drill holes. Few however, lack control over low end speed. As a result, drilling holes become difficult.
Which is better- 18v or 20 v drivers?
The latest sensation in volt terminology is the 20v driver. But 18v batteries are considered best in comparison to its counterparts. Few companies having changed their battery formats resort to the latest.
Impact drivers as stressed earlier, have long been into existence. But compared to the manual ones, cordless drivers are in vogue and rightly so. With extensive benefits, uses and scope, these tools are fast climbing the popularity meter, for professionals and novices alike. You can read various
Incoming search terms:
- best impact driver 2016
- best impact driver
- 2016 18v cordless impact
- best impact driver on the market in uk 2016
- best impact drivers 2016
- best lithium-ion cordless impact driver reviews
- impact driver reviews 2016